Oil and Gas
Oil and gas companies face many unique legal challenges. From regulatory compliance matters in day-to-day operations to legal hurdles in mergers, acquisitions and other transactions, oil and gas companies doing business in Montana must be prepared to address these challenges as and when they arise in order to avoid unnecessary project delays, risks and liability.
At Lee Law Office PC, we represent oil and gas clients in all aspects of legal compliance, transactions and litigation. Our attorneys draw upon decades of experience working with oil and gas companies in Montana to offer strategic advice and representation tailored to the unique regulatory environment in which these companies operate. We work closely with our clients to offer solutions that are custom-tailored to their unique business needs, and we meticulously address all potential concerns to give our clients the certainty they need to do business with confidence in Montana.
Montana Oil and Gas Attorneys
Our firm’s oil and gas practice consists of representing local, regional and national clients in the following areas:
- Mineral and Leasehold Acquisitions and Related Transactions
- We have extensive experience representing clients in mineral and leasehold acquisitions and related transactions. This includes representing clients on both sides of these transactions, from due diligence and contract negotiations through closing and post-closing operations. We assist our clients with the regulatory aspects of these transactions as well, including matters involving Montana’s Board of Oil and Gas Conservation.
- Permitting and Administrative Compliance
- In addition to assisting clients with the regulatory aspects of mineral and leasehold acquisitions, we provide representation for oil and gas clients with respect to all other permitting and administrative compliance matters as well. We have assisted operators, mineral and surface owners, and various other clients with issues ranging from drilling permit applications to change of operator requests for existing wells.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Our services for clients in the oil and gas sector also include representation for mergers and acquisitions. We guide clients through all aspects of the M&A process, including due diligence, financing, title review and opinions, regulatory compliance, lease assignments, employment, and corporate structuring.
- Title Examination and Curative
- In addition to providing title reviews and opinions in the context of mergers and acquisitions, we also provide title examination services for real property rights acquisitions, and we assist clients in curing title defects as well. We also provide representation for regard to title insurance claims and civil litigation involving buyers and sellers.
- Surface Owner Rights
- We represent surface and mineral rights owners in all matters involving oil and gas operators in Montana. This includes well and ditch digging, damage and disruption claims, and royalty payment claims. We have been representing Montana property owners for decades, and we are intimately familiar with the laws and court decisions that protect our clients’ property rights.
Speak with a Shelby, MT Oil and Gas Lawyer in Confidence
If you would like more information, we encourage you to contact us for a confidential initial consultation. To speak with a Montana oil and gas lawyer at our offices in Shelby, please call 406-434-5244 or send us a message online today.