Estate & Trust Planning
Planning your estate is important. Not only does it ensure that you will be able to direct the distribution of your property after your death, but it also helps protect your loved ones from difficult situations that can lead to disputes, financial costs, and months or years of unnecessary stress.
At Lee Law Office PC, we help our clients develop comprehensive and customized estate plans. We also guide clients through the estate administration process. We provide knowledgeable legal representation with a personal touch, and we work closely with each client to ensure that the solutions we offer are appropriately tailored to their unique personal, family and financial circumstances.
Personal Legal Representation for Estate Planning and Administration
In addition to providing general estate planning services – including preparation of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives and other planning documents – our services also include:
- Probate, Estate and Trust Administration
- If you have recently lost a loved one, we can help you work through the estate administration process. We routinely represent personal representatives in probate matters and advise trustees regarding their fiduciary responsibilities. Our attorneys are experienced in all aspects of estate administration, from providing notice to creditors and distributing assets to handing guardianship and conservatorship matters.
- Business Succession Planning
- For private business owners, business succession planning is a key aspect of estate planning. Various circumstances can impact a business succession plan, from the complexity of the business to the number of existing partners and the identity of the individual (or individuals) who you intend to operate the business in your stead.
- Charitable Giving
- If you wish to incorporate charitable giving into your estate plan, you have a number of options for doing so. Our attorneys can help you choose the option that best serves your philanthropic goals while also helping to maximize the tax benefits for your estate.
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Guardianships and conservatorships can be used to ensure protection and care for minor children as well as adults who are no longer able to care for themselves. Appointing a guardian or conservator in your estate plan avoids the need for your loved ones to deal with the difficult probate process, and it allows you to feel secure that you have a loving and responsible individual designated to act on your behalf.
- Premarital Agreements
- Entering into a premarital agreement can serve a number of important purposes related to your overall estate plan. Montana law places certain restrictions on the enforceability of prenuptial agreements, and our attorneys can help you craft a sound agreement that satisfies your long-term objectives.
Speak with a Shelby, MT Estate Planning Lawyer in Confidence
If you are ready to prepare your estate plan or have questions about estate administration in Montana, we encourage you to contact us for a confidential initial consultation. To speak with an attorney at our law offices in Shelby, please call 406-434-5244 or inquire online today.