Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) that allows disputing parties to reach a mutually-agreeable outcome without asking a judge to make a decision for them. It can be an effective method of dispute resolution under a broad range of circumstances, and it can benefit parties to both business and private disputes where full-scale litigation is not a desirable or cost-effective alternative.
Our attorneys provide experienced legal representation for mediations in Shelby and throughout Montana. Although mediation is a collaborative process that requires both parties to be committed finding an amicable resolution, both parties can – and should – engage legal representation to ensure that they are giving due consideration to the various legal, financial and practical implications involved. With our extensive background mediating and litigating disputes across multiple practice areas, we offer our clients the ability to make strategic decisions that protect their immediate and long-term interests while also finding common ground to move forward.
Business and Family Law Mediation Attorneys in Shelby, MT
In our mediation practice, we represent businesses and individuals seeking to resolve disputes informally, privately, and without the burden and expense of litigation. We work closely with our clients to understand their goals and priorities, and we pursue mediation strategies that are tailored to each client’s unique business or personal circumstances. We provide experienced legal representation for mediation of disputes including:
- Business Disputes
- Mediation will often be an effective tool for resolving disputes among partners, members and shareholders of privately-owned businesses. Whether mediation is required under the terms of your partnership, membership or shareholder agreement, or you and your business partners are interested in pursuing mediation in order to reach common ground, we can help you explore all of the various solutions that are available.
- Contract and Commercial Disputes
- We also represent businesses and business owners in mediation of contract and commercial disputes. This includes disputes with suppliers, vendors, contractors, subcontractors, landlords, tenants and other commercial parties, and it includes disputes involving contractual rights and responsibilities as well as other disruptive issues.
- Employment Disputes
- Mediation can also be an effective tool for resolving disputes between employers and current or former employees. Mediation of employment-related disputes may be required in some circumstances, and engaging the services of a mediator can allow both parties to protect their interests privately, efficiently and without unnecessary expense or delay.
- Family Disputes, Dissolutions and Separations
- Dissolutions, separations, child custody disputes, and other family-related legal issues will often lend themselves to resolution through mediation. By working with an experienced mediator to explore creative solutions that serve everyone’s needs, spouses, parents and other family members can achieve satisfying results without engendering additional tension or hostility.
- Property Disputes
- Disputes among buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants and other contracting parties will often be well-suited for mediation as well. If you are facing a property-related dispute, we can help you assess your options and pursue a desirable path forward.
Speak with a Mediation Attorney at Lee Law Office PC
If you are interested in pursuing mediation to resolve a dispute in Montana, we encourage you to contact us for more information. To speak with an attorney at our law offices in Shelby, please call 406-434-5244 or request an appointment online today.